STUDIO RULES & ETIQUETTE
The following rules and etiquette are designed so we can provide you with a safe, friendly and supportive environment. Like any community we need to respect the space we are all sharing as well as follow the good ole legal and insurance requirements we have to put in place.
- The studio is a shared environment, be respectful and supportive of your fellow students and staff.
- If you see a new face in the studio, make them feel welcome! We all remember how scary our first class was!
- All bags and belongings are to be left in the bag rack, only drink bottles, sweat towels and pole cleaning items are required during your class. If your bags are left on the floor around the studio you may be asked to move them (we need clear pathways through the studio).
- If you arrive early for a class, please take a seat in reception until the classes change over. Please feel free to use the bathroom, just head back to reception when you are done.
- Follow all reasonable directions given by staff.
- If you require first aid please let a staff member know.
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home and rest.
- Any feedback, suggestions, issues or complaints, we want to hear about it, please notify us using the contact form on the website.
- Arrive on time for your class otherwise you may not be able to participate (missing a warm-up could potentially cause injuries).
- Let your instructor know if you are injured or anything that may affect your performance.
- Be mindful of your body throughout class. If you are not comfortable performing a movement, advise the instructor. Know your limits (especially when you are getting tired/sweaty)!
- When spotting ensure you are concentrating! You can never assume a person has grip and your job is to be ready to help them if they need it. If you are not comfortable spotting don’t do so, and just let the instructor know.
- Remove any jewellery and watches before using any apparatus.
- Ensure you warm up well before you start your self practice.
- Stick to your own pole and respectfully share lyra and silks.
- Clean before and after use of pole
- Put everything back the way you found it e.g. mats, chairs, etc.
- Practice only what you have learnt in class and if you need help, ask the instructor on duty.
- Our Insurance does not allow instruction by any students in any way (this goes for during your classes as well!).
SOCIAL MEDIA AND FILMING
- Feel free to post a video of yourself doing a routine or trick online but if another student or instructor appears in the video then we ask you please obtain that person’s permission first.
- Your instructor may ask if they can film the entire class for our social media. If you do not wish to be in the video, please let them know.
- Make sure you keep up to date with notices in the Elements Family Group (on Facebook).
- Please book into casual classes using Teamup.
- If you need to cancel please do so within a reasonable timeframe. Most of our casual classes have a waitlist, so not turning up or cancelling an hour before class is not acceptable and lets your fellow students down.
- Please read class descriptions carefully and ensure you bring everything required for class eg: own exercise mat, knee pads or gym shoes. These items are used for your comfort and safety, and not bringing them could put you in discomfort/risk of injury.
- Most of all, take advantage of these casual classes as they are included in your membership. Each class will teach you a different skill or expand on your knowledge learnt during your course.
- We understand it can be hard to make arrangements for your children during your class time. As we are unable to provide child minding facilities, if you bring children to the studio they are your responsibility. For the safety and well-being of all our students and your children they must not run around through the studio or car park. Children must remain seated in the waiting area or on the very edge of the studio. If your child disrupts classes or their behaviour is seen as potentially harmful to themselves and/or others, you will be asked to take your child from the studio.
- Remember, your membership includes your one course (purple on the timetable), unlimited casual classes (blue on the timetable, and all open practice times (green on the timetable)!
- There may be changes from time to time of class times and instructors, but we will ensure you know these changes as they affect you. Our new timetables are released in our Elements Family Group as well as in the studio and the website.
- If you need to cancel your membership or have any questions about your membership please use the contact form on our website.
- As there are so many methods of communication in this social media age, to help us look after you it is best if we have one point of communication. Please use the contact form on our website as that helps us help you. Thank you in advance xox
By entering the studio and participating you automatically agree to adhere to our Studio Etiquette.
– Team Elements-